Main Menu

The Goal Topic!

Started by TheRaven, September 02, 2013, 08:17:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MechaGS

Quote from: iXerroShouldn't the PS4 and/or Xbox One be able to download games available on the preceding console? If that's the case then PS4/Xbox One versions aren't really necessary. Not that we'll be even close to reaching it.

Only PS1 and PS2 titles could work as emulated on the PS4 (if Sony add that functionality). The PS3's cell processor can't be reverse engineered to work with the new PS4 architecture because it's still technically more powerful but harder to code for. That's why Sony's leaving it behind. Sony's intending to use Gaikai to stream PS3 titles down via the cloud to the PS4 at some time within the next ~2 years.

The XBOX One has a similar issue but it's just MS being lazy. While they could emulate the PowerPC CPU to their new AMD chip, it would mean work and they want to make people pay for games all over again.

In both the XBOX One and PS4, the game would need to be specifically targeted to the consoles. But there is a little advantage as the PC version could be ported to the consoles. The consoles and PC's will use the same x86-64 (people using PC's know this as 64-bit but that's not it's literal meaning) architecture's for the first time ever. (there will only be moderate coding changes needed)

If I'm honest, it's one of the reasons I wonder about the actual stretch goal price for next gen consoles since they're so close in scope and most likely code to the PC version being built as we speak. I've not looked at the PS4's architecture though, (yet!) so I'll withhold too much judgement.

TL;DR: Whilst the PS4 and XBOX One won't be backwards compatible, the new consoles use the same base architecture as PC's meaning it should be pretty easy to port the PC version to the upcoming platforms. It's not possible for the PS4 to emulate the PS3 and while Microsoft could have made the XBOX One backwards compatible with the 360, they won't cause they want to make people spend all over again.

astarisborn94

The extra end stage & boss goal has been reached! At $2.9 million, an intro stage and boss will also be made available as well as Beck getting a support character at $3.1 million.

Totally excited for this.

TheRaven

Sweet another goal reached before the deadline! At the rate the project is going now, we might make it to the co-op goal! I love the intro stages in the MM series and I'm sure they are going to be epic in MN9. What if the final boss was a copy of Beck himself, and say like the good Dr. may have made a back up of Beck just in case if he was to malfunction and the virus effects the back up or better yet Call gets infected and attacks Beck. o_o

MechaGS

Quote from: TheRavenSweet another goal reached before the deadline! At the rate the project is going now, we might make it to the co-op goal!

I think it'll end at the co-op goal, especially now that people know it's in sight and a lot of people wanted it.

Personally, I'm happy cause it means we'll have plenty of gameplay to get through. I'll opt for the PC version as the next gen was optional to me. :beckveryhappy

NinjablazerZero

If we don't get that intro stage, I'm gonna be rage mode. Intro stages are awesome sauce.

That, and with the amount of people begging for the next gen consoles, it'll be surprising to see it not get close to that goal. Also, gotta remember to add in that paypal amount. It doesn't show on the counter for the Kickstarter page, but they have it posted there.

I'm crossing my fingers though. Hopefully it'll at least reach that sweet 2.9. Plus, it looks like it has been picking up in speed again, so we might be able to get that.

MechaGS

As of around an hour ago, they unveiled the stretch goal below and PS4 and XBOX One and guess what? It's the Vita and 3DS stretch goal.

You can read about this and the physical USB release in this week's Special Final TGIF Update!

Anyone think we'll make it if the handhelders join in at this late stage? I'm not so sure it'll be enough.

TheRaven

I just noticed they added that stretch goal, but I don't think we'll get enough money within 4 days for handheld versions of the games or next gen versions unfortunately. But the physical disc and USB cart is pretty cool but I'm not a PC gamer so I won't be upgrading for that. :P I'll be happy with getting the Wii U version, and we got a new pod cast as well. So many updates seemed to have happened while I was at work today. o_o

MechaGS

Quote from: TheRavenI just noticed they added that stretch goal, but I don't think we'll get enough money within 4 days for handheld versions of the games or next gen versions unfortunately.

Same if I'm honest, but we've seen crazier things happen on the net. If we reach "Intro Stage & Boss" I'll be a happy bunny! :beckveryhappy

NinjablazerZero

I don't think we'll hit handhelds, but I'm sure it'll provide enough of a boost to get to that support character.

Either way, I'll be satisfied as long as we reach the intro stage goal. That's all I want now.

Lets hope we get an early christmas.

TheRaven

Hey guys we just reached the next goal, the crew added up the amount of money they earned from Paypal and we are now getting a co-op mode! Call is going to be playable! :D The devs just posted this on their FB page about 13 minutes ago.

MechaGS

Epic, more gameplay to endulge myself in come launch. :beckveryhappy

I wasn't too bothered about playable co-op Call stuff in the beginning but now that we have it, I'll definitely play through it. Just need someone to play with!

tailszero

At this rate, we will probably get that Support Character Goal, and then arguments about whether or not it should look like eddie/rush begin.

MechaGS

Quote from: tailszeroAt this rate, we will probably get that Support Character Goal, and then arguments about whether or not it should look like eddie/rush begin.

Personally, I'm hoping for something a bit different. I don't want everything to be Mega Man inspired as I'd like the new IP to stand on it's own two feet.

I love Mega Man and I know people want this to be the spiritual successor, but it all can't look too similar, that's how I feel on this one.

NinjablazerZero

I hope the Mascot is a monkey.

Or a sloth. Sloths are great.

TheRaven

I hope the mascot is something different from a monkey or a bird of course. xD Sloths are pretty awesome, so it'd be cool to see a Sloth become the support character. :P