Main Menu

The Goal Topic!

Started by TheRaven, September 02, 2013, 08:17:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MechaGS

Quote from: TheRavenOh oops forgot that was the next one. :oops: I'll edit my post. ^_^; I'm tired it's really late here. xD

I bet you are, you've snuck into my timezone instead of me being in yours. :)

The Kickstarter has slowed down considerably though. I hope there's still a few goals to be gained.

TheRaven

Indeed it has but it'll most likely pick up more steam towards the end of the deadline. ;) Oh and as for updates check out some of the concept art they have posted on the Kickstarter, one of the robots reminds me of the Rhinobot found in Sonic 3. xD Here's some images:

And you can check out the update here to see more concept art, another design looks like another badnik from Sonic 3. xD It's interesting to see enemies that look somewhat similar to badniks from the Sonic franchise.  :beckvisor

MechaGS

In the first image, there's the circular enemy with spikes. That immediately takes me back to Mega Man X, first level. :P

I'm loving the style Inafune-san is going for. It's very Mega Man (just because that's his art-style) but at the same time just very reminiscent of games gone by. Like you mentioned, I'm also seeing a few Sonic nods in there.

Mighty No. 9

Here's a little something I ripped off the latest interview video, enjoy!  :beckwink

MechaGS

That top artwork of his faces makes him look a bit like a chibi character. :D

I like it though, it's awesome to see more official concept art.

Mighty No. 9

Yeah Mighty No. 9 characters look like a mix from Classic and Megamanzero, clearly a style present as Inticreates is helping!  :beckveryhappy

Weejus

I must confess, I've never played Mega Man Zero. Is it worth playing? I remember my local Grainger Games had one copy of the DS collection years ago but I never got it.

iXerro

Quote from: WeejusI must confess, I've never played Mega Man Zero. Is it worth playing? I remember my local Grainger Games had one copy of the DS collection years ago but I never got it.

If you loved the X  or ZX series, then definitely Megaman Zero is worth it. Admittedly too, I skipped the series at first; I thought it was a crappy handheld series (I had Megaman & Bass and I did NOT like that game at all). But then the collection came out and a friend kept pestering me to get it. So I got it and was BLOWN AWAY. Especially with the 3DS being able to play DS games, the collection is an amazing game to have. Worthwhile too. Play the games in the original difficulty OR play all four games in one run with "Easy Scenario". The only problem with Easy Scenario is the game isn't easier, you just get all your upgrades immediately, so you lose that experience of slowly becoming stronger. But even still, you can play the games separately and originally, so no lost experience.

tailszero

Quote from: WeejusI must confess, I've never played Mega Man Zero. Is it worth playing? I remember my local Grainger Games had one copy of the DS collection years ago but I never got it.

If you like insane difficulty, yes. The first Mega Man Zero game is the most difficult game in the series. The other three games I would also put in the top five.

MechaGS

Quote from: tailszeroIf you like insane difficulty, yes. The first Mega Man Zero game is the most difficult game in the series. The other three games I would also put in the top five.

I've still not completed any MMZ game. They're hard as hell as Tails said but they're also awesome.

I recommend them if you can get them cheaply at this rate.  :beckveryhappy

astarisborn94

I wonder how many goals the Kickstarter is going to reach after the console goals. I think we'll get one more, but I'm really pulling for the co-op goal (or the $3 million goals depending on what it is). A PlayStation 4 would be nice as well, although not as critical as people think.

MechaGS

I'd like them to get to the PS4 / XBOX One versions just so that the game gets the maximum amount of exposure. I think more platforms can only mean more possibilities for sales and more games. :beckveryhappy

But yeah, if I had to choose a minimum I'd like to see, it has to be the co-op gameplay. I want as much content as possible in the game as I want it to last me ages! :D

Weejus

I imagine we will reach the later stretch goals, as even though the flow of backers has slowed down dramatically since the KS campaign started, pretty much every big KS gets a huge burst of backers in its final couple of days, which should see us through to those stretch goals.

MechaGS

Here's hoping man. I've not watched many KS games and this is my first choice to back so I'm looking forward to seeing how far it can go.

TheRaven

I wonder if we will make it to that last goal, but like stated before usually kickstarter projects get tons more backers right before the project ends. Plus many people who wanted to back the project when it was first announced but didn't have the right amount of money saved up will probably get on that. xD If anything I really hope we at least make it to Co-op mode. I won't be getting a PS4 or Xbone for a very long time and with the Wii U getting a version alongside the 360 and PS3 I'd be content with that since I plan on getting a Wii U first. ;)