Main Menu

Your Hobbies?

Started by TheRaven, September 02, 2013, 10:26:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheRaven

What are some of your hobbies? I like to program in my spare time as well as hack the old classic Sonic games myself. I love to hack the 8 bit games the most though. I currently know a few programming languages myself and hope to become a computer programmer one day. :)

MechaGS

Funnily enough, I'm a trained .NET developer but I won't discuss that too much here. :)

I build websites for fun. full Content Management Systems usually and have been doing so for around 6 years now. Gaming is my biggest hobby aside from programming.

TheRaven

Awesome stuff, I should also say gaming is my biggest hobby. I have lots of consoles and games to go along with them needless to say even with all those games I still have a hard time figuring out what I want to play. xD That's awesome though, I never coded a website from scratch before. I've made a few tiny programs such as a very basic calculator in C++ but that's pretty much it. ^_^;

Jay C

I typically spend most of my time playing video games. I've been playing League of Legends a lot more than playing console or hand held games. I also have a huge collection of video game covers. It's my preferred genre of music to be honest. I also play bass or guitar from time to time.

Beck

My hobbies are drawing, video games, playing guitar and making AMVs (I only make AMVs if I'm really bored).

NinjablazerZero

Aside from gaming, I play guitar, and do a little bit of Kendo. Oh and I do a bit of assassinations here and there. Ninja stuff and all.

And speaking of programming, I'm actually in college as a CS major. Only language I know is Python though. I do know a bit of Java, but I really haven't gotten too indepth with that one yet.

I'm going to attempt to use my knowledge of programming to try and attempt to learn HTML so I can write up a webpage and hopefully make up a little mini RPG thingy for this other site I frequent. That one is gonna take forever to get started though. Half because I suck at self-teaching, and half because I am a lazy bastard.

MechaGS

Quote from: NinjablazerZeroI'm going to attempt to use my knowledge of programming to try and attempt to learn HTML so I can write up a webpage and hopefully make up a little mini RPG thingy for this other site I frequent. That one is gonna take forever to get started though. Half because I suck at self-teaching, and half because I am a lazy bastard.

I can give you help with learning HTML, CSS, PHP, JS or anything else you may be interested in. I've been doing web coding for just over 6 years now. :)

Hit me up if you're interested.

NinjablazerZero

I'll keep that in mind when I'm ready to start. Wanna rough out the ideas before anything and make them solid. Thanks for the offer. It's appreciated.

MechaGS

Quote from: NinjablazerZeroI'll keep that in mind when I'm ready to start. Wanna rough out the ideas before anything and make them solid. Thanks for the offer. It's appreciated.

No worries, glad to eventually help out if I can. :D

TheRaven

Quote from: NinjablazerZeroHalf because I suck at self-teaching, and half because I am a lazy bastard.
xD I fall under the last one when it comes to my hacking projects unfortunately. I have a disassembly i'm working on but I haven't touched it in a few weeks.  :?

NinjablazerZero

lol, that reminds me, I was working on a FFVI ROM hack with a few buddies of mine. We pretty much finished re-spriting all the characters, and replaced every single monster, even made new animations for attacks and reworked everything. The only thing left was the script.

We ended up catching the lazies and never finished the script. I should really get on that.

MechaGS

Quote from: NinjablazerZerolol, that reminds me, I was working on a FFVI ROM hack with a few buddies of mine. We pretty much finished re-spriting all the characters, and replaced every single monster, even made new animations for attacks and reworked everything. The only thing left was the script.

We ended up catching the lazies and never finished the script. I should really get on that.

That sounds awesome. If you ever finish it, throw it my way as I love big changes to ROM's. :D

TheRaven

xD Sounds like a awesome hack! I'll have to share some of my Sonic hacks at some point, but I'll most likely share them on skype though. :P

MechaGS

Quote from: TheRavenxD Sounds like a awesome hack! I'll have to share some of my Sonic hacks at some point, but I'll most likely share them on skype though. :P

You know I want that ring one when it's done. It's going to be an awesome laugh. :D

TheRaven

xD It's already finished for the most part, there was one thing I was going to add but never got around to doing so. (I was going to change his height but meh. xD) I'll give you the hack tomorrow when I get off work. xD