Main Menu

Music Topic

Started by TheRaven, September 02, 2013, 11:57:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheRaven

While there is only one track available for us to listen to currently, I figure we might as well start a topic about it. Of course once the game gets farther in development more music will pop up. Until then we have the Title track to hold us over with. I definitely get a classic mega man vibe from the song. In some parts of the track is in 8-bit, while towards the end of the track sounds like it came from Mega Man 8. What do you think it sounds like?

astarisborn94

If this song is any indication of how well the music is going to be composed, then we're in for a really great soundtrack.

TheRaven

Indeed we are, this track alone is pretty epic I must say. :) I definitely can't wait to hear the rest of the soundtrack, being a huge video game music fan. xD

iXerro

Here's something I just thought of today: I was listening to this song (Well the whole album, but this song stands out most to me) and I was thinking how cool it would be if some of the soundtrack sounded like that. But I realized the only problem was the song cuts into some dubstep section, breaking the flow of the song. But breaking the flow of the level's music could lead into an awesome level design.

The level's difficulty changes with the music.

Imagine the enemies attack you like normal when the music is average, almost peaceful. Then it gets to a short intense chunk of the song and all the enemies and dangers go berserk (Dangers like crushing ceilings are quicker and no recognizable pattern, security cameras/guns won't attack when they see you they just shoot around like crazy). It would take extra work to design and implement such a concept, in addition it might get annoying after a while, but what if only one of the final levels was designed like this? A little boost to the end of the game challenge? I think that would be a pretty awesome and interesting idea for how to navigate a level. Do you risk being intensely hurt by the out of control enemies/dangers, or do you attempt to hide and avoid being hurt until the music calms down again?

MechaGS

If the rest of the soundtrack is as good as the main theme, then I'm happy to be receiving the final OST when it comes. :D

I think that music-change idea is a good plan iXerro. I'd love it if the music changed during heavier mob scenes and toned down whilst running and jumping. Could certainly make the game feel more tense / mellow for the player.

tailszero

Quote from: iXerroHere's something I just thought of today: I was listening to <a href='' rel='nofollow' target='_blank'>this song</a> (Well the whole album, but this song stands out most to me) and I was thinking how cool it would be if some of the soundtrack sounded like that. But I realized the only problem was the song cuts into some dubstep section, breaking the flow of the song. But breaking the flow of the level's music could lead into an awesome level design.

The level's difficulty changes with the music.

Imagine the enemies attack you like normal when the music is average, almost peaceful. Then it gets to a short intense chunk of the song and all the enemies and dangers go berserk (Dangers like crushing ceilings are quicker and no recognizable pattern, security cameras/guns won't attack when they see you they just shoot around like crazy). It would take extra work to design and implement such a concept, in addition it might get annoying after a while, but what if only one of the final levels was designed like this? A little boost to the end of the game challenge? I think that would be a pretty awesome and interesting idea for how to navigate a level. Do you risk being intensely hurt by the out of control enemies/dangers, or do you attempt to hide and avoid being hurt until the music calms down again?

That sounds a bit like FTL, where the soundtrack is built to seamlessly change tracks when you change areas or get into a fight.

MightyMighty

The Soundtrack of this game is one of the thing I'm looking most forward too (other than the game itself of course) :)

TheRaven

Same here MightyMighty, I love video game music so I wonder what other songs are going to sound like. I like the idea of the music switching too iXerro, we should bring that up over at the kickstarter page. ;)