Main Menu

What games are you currently playing?

Started by TheRaven, September 03, 2013, 04:05:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryusei

Quote from: ShiroyamiAre they any good? With Ocarina of Time being the first 3D Zelda, at least I hope they learned something. The game gets a lot better later on but other than OHMYGODITSZELDAIN3D

They have two main flaws:

1) They're way too easy.

2) There really isn't much room for exploration in their overworlds compared to the titles before (They are vast but feel empty if that makes sense)

Wind Waker and Twilight Princess look very good and have characters more charismatic than Skyward Sword.

Quote from: ShiroyamiI'm not seeing why people love this game so much.

A big part is nostalgia, but i guess it helps the 3D titles that followed after Majora's Mask had noticeable flaws that make people remind OoT more fondly over other 3D TLOZ titles.

It also helps it was the game that made the jump to 3D.

tailszero

Ryusei

Shiroyami

Quote from: Ryusei
Quote from: ShiroyamiAre they any good? With Ocarina of Time being the first 3D Zelda, at least I hope they learned something. The game gets a lot better later on but other than OHMYGODITSZELDAIN3D

They have two main flaws:

1) They're way too easy.

2) There really isn't much room for exploration in their overworlds compared to the titles before (They are vast but feel empty if that makes sense)

Wind Waker and Twilight Princess look very good and have characters more charismatic than Skyward Sword.

Quote from: ShiroyamiI'm not seeing why people love this game so much.

A big part is nostalgia, but i guess it helps the 3D titles that followed after Majora's Mask had noticeable flaws that make people remind OoT more fondly over other 3D TLOZ titles.

It also helps it was the game that made the jump to 3D.

That's pretty much how I feel about Ocarina of Time, actually. Traveling through Hyrule Field is boring and apart from bad decisions in dungeon design/guiding the player throughout the game, it's easier than most of the Zelda games I played.

I'm not saying it's a bad game but it definitely feels overrated.

Ryusei

Most main (home console) TLOZ games are easier than the ones that came before.

Quotebut it definitely feels overrated

And that nobody can deny.

Perhaps you should try A Link Between Worlds and see if you like it.

Shiroyami

Quote from: RyuseiMost main (home console) TLOZ games are easier than the ones that came before.

Quotebut it definitely feels overrated

And that nobody can deny.

Perhaps you should try A Link Between Worlds and see if you like it.

Link Between Worlds is one of the first games I got for my 3DS and I love it.

Oh, Link Between Worlds is amazing. It doesn't help that Link To The Past was my first Zelda game. I already cleared 100% on both difficulities but I need more Streetpasses because those Shadow Link battles are awesome.

And how I love bombs in this game. Know how to use them and they're probably one of the handiest items in the game.

MechaGS

Quote from: RyuseiPerhaps you should try A Link Between Worlds and see if you like it.

Oh man, I've been playing ALBW and it's amazing! I got Bravely Default too but Zelda's not been out of my 3DS yet.

Bolowors

Right now i'm playing Xcom: Enemy Unknown. Can't afford the expansion yet...

Shiroyami

Alright, just cleared Ocarina of Time... seriously. I have so many complaints about this game to the point it's hard to imagine it as 'the best Zelda ever'. I honestly regrett going through the trouble of finding a physical copy and using my money on it.

Swan Dive

I was playing Soul Sacrifice for a while (another Inafune game), but the repetitive boss battles took a took on me.  I'm also not too keen on the control scheme the game uses (not being able to move the camera easily while charging a power for example).  Still, that game has one of the best horror story lines that I have ever seen in a video game.  And Librom, he's just so funny and creepy at the same time.  I can see why Inafune loved him.  :mrgreen:

Right now I'm mainly playing Neverwinter and Devil May Cry (free for PS+ users).  I have to get back to Rune Factory 4 and SMT IV soon as well.  Sony once again won me over for the time being.  Any Starbound players out there?  I'm thinking of getting that one too.

TheRaven

I'm playing through Turok 3 now. I played through this game before as a kid, but when I made it to the final boss I cheated. :V Plus I just bought this game again seeing how I lost it while moving out of my parents house... I'm currently in the forth level and making my way pass the Fireborn. It's a huge pain in the ass though... >_>

Swan Dive

Just bought The Guided Fate Paradox for PS3 today.  A 17 year old boy became God by winning a lottery, how original is that?  It's a funny game so far with a fun 3d dungeon crawling system.  Just 2 hours in and I'm very much enjoying it.

MechaGS

Quote from: Swan DiveJust bought The Guided Fate Paradox for PS3 today.  A 17 year old boy became God by winning a lottery, how original is that?  It's a funny game so far with a fun 3d dungeon crawling system.  Just 2 hours in and I'm very much enjoying it.

Nice one man. I've finished it and on my second play-though, love it. :D

Ryusei

Near finishing Sonic The Hedgehog 2006 for Xbox 360... Jesus Christ.

Ryusei

Finished STH Last Episode and later played some Mega Man X7.