Main Menu

Would you like to play as Call?

Started by TheRaven, September 04, 2013, 02:01:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheRaven

Would you guys like to play as Call? Do you wish that maybe one of the hidden goals is the chance to play as her? I personally think it would be a bit cool if you were to play as her, maybe her gameplay could be different from Beck's. It'd be cool to see them both have different story lines that intertwine with each other, sort of like X's and Zero's story from X4.

MechaGS

I think making Call playable (with separate story elements) would be a great idea and break up the game play for fans to enjoy a different style of play.

The only issue is that this would make the game larger in scope and it doesn't look like Comcept are looking that far ahead yet. Here's hoping Inafune-san will soon discuss the scaling possibilities as there's a lot of good ideas coming from the Kickstarter comments.

Nubobot42

Actually, not.

We'd get three choices:

1. another gameplay for Call, which implies new stages as the ones for Beck would probably not suit her, and a new game's better for this - also, there's no need to think of anything else than making a fresh gameplay for Beck;

2. a new Call skin for Beck, which would be meh;

3. the possibility of a new game, which is not good right now, maybe later.

Everything Inafune made, at least for this kind of game, took a while to get multiple characters playable because he spent a good time making the gameplay for the "main character" fresh. I don't think it'll be different now.

MechaGS

Quote from: Nubobot42Everything Inafune made, at least for this kind of game, took a while to get multiple characters playable because he spent a good time making the gameplay for the "main character" fresh. I don't think it'll be different now.

I have to agree with you Nubobot, I hope Inafune-san spends a lot of time dealing with the base game features before he plans any specials or extras. That being said though, there seems to be a big out-cry for a playable Call.

All I ever see on the Kickstarter comments page are Call playable references and I think they need to discuss this soon -- either to stop it entirely or to at least allow for other conversations to go on.

Dr. Light

If Call were to be playable, she'd have to be different gameplay wise, similar to X & Zero.

Also, if Call is Beck's support character, who would be Call's support?  :D

MechaGS

Quote from: Dr. LightAlso, if Call is Beck's support character, who would be Call's support?  :D

The dog of course! OK, that might actually be a little weird depending on how it would work.  :?

I think we should all just let Inafune-san get on with it and if he see's a way of doing Call gameplay, he'll add it. :D

Mighty No. 9

The Dog being Call's protector seems like a great idea, maybe she can even use him as Armor and his long black tail as a whip! The possibilities are endless! She'd look like a Female Zero with Rush Armor haha!

TheRaven

xD Man if she was to play like Zero that would be awesome! However you guys did make some great points, maybe further down the line. It would be a bit odd if the main focus wasn't Beck in the first game after all. :P

MechaGS

Quote from: TheRavenxD Man if she was to play like Zero that would be awesome! However you guys did make some great points, maybe further down the line. It would be a bit odd if the main focus wasn't Beck in the first game after all. :P

I think it's certainly do-able, but as we've both pointed out; it should be down the line once Beck has been done.

Maybe it could be a form of DLC, I don't know how people feel about DLC yet but it's a way of building a good framework and adding to it over time.

Mighty No. 9

We are getting ahead of ourselves maybe hehe, but I know Comcept might be thinking very similar to us sometimes. ^_^

MechaGS

Quote from: Mighty No. 9We are getting ahead of ourselves maybe hehe, but I know Comcept might be thinking very similar to us sometimes. ^_^

At this point I'm not too bothered, it's all just conjecture my friend. :)

The main game is much more important and I want to see that dealt with properly first.

Mighty No. 9

Yes like someone pointed out, the game will be about transformations, using enemy and boss skills to get around and solve puzzles maybe. So...in a way, Beck doesn't need a dog companion for springs, jet, ect...But I know someone who might, that Dog can turn into a motorcycle so who knows what else it can turn into. If Call is playable the Dog might be the main PART of her gameplay. Just Imagine if Beck and the Dog joined forces...Maybe in Mighty No. 9-3 heheh.