Main Menu

Digimon Digital Monsters

Started by TheRaven, September 08, 2013, 03:12:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheRaven

So growing up I loved both Digimon and Pokemon. (I still do though. :P) Here lets talk about any season of the anime. I figure if we wanted to talk about the games, a topic in the gaming section would be better but lets just talk about the anime. Frontier (Season 4) has always been my favorite season, and it's the only season in which the Digi-destined changed into Digimon themselves rather than having partner Digimon. I loved this concept and I hope to see it return someday. I also found it to be a pretty dark season. My favorite character from Frontier is Koji, which is odd because you'd think I would like his brother better since his element is dark while Koji's is light but meh. xD I didn't care for Data Squad and I plan on watching the english dub of Digimon Fusion tomorrow after work since it aired today while I was at work. :V

MechaGS

I have to admit that I wasn't the biggest fan of Digimon. I watched for a while but gave up on it when I chalked it up as a poor Pokemon rip-off. (I was rather young at the time though)

I would like to watch it though. I really should give it a go sometime. :D

D-structman

I love both Pokemon and Digimon, but I was always more partial to Digimon.  Seasons 1 & 2 are my favorite of the series.  4 was alright, but I liked the dynamic of the digi-destined having to rely on their partners, rather than just transform into the digimon themselves.

M#39719 Vince

EEEEE~! I am both a long time as well as die hard fan of the franchise too!

TheRaven

Oh my god I always wanted those damn cards as a kid, and was jealous of my best friend who had those. x.X I still want to buy some off of Ebay or something. Seraphimon is epic btw. ^_^

MechaGS

For those who love Digimon, you might find this fitting to add to your collection.

TheRaven

Oh my god I can get an employee discount on that too. :D Thank you for sharing this with us Mecha, and I just got paid today. (I'd have to wait to get it though... Still got bills to pay. :P)

mightyno67277p

Quote from: TheRavenOh my god I can get an employee discount on that too.
Do not tell me you just announced that you work at Wally mart...
Spoiler
TheRaven, you are making it TOO easy for someone to identify @ your place. If I was even a tad evil, you would at the least gotten a scare from your supervisor
Spoiler
I would have called them, to tell you personally that you do a good job. It would still be a scare, since I would do it in the middle of your shift
PS

If you search Wally mart, be sure to be in a NSFW safe environment.

TheRaven

Oh god dare I ask why I should search that in a NSFW safe environment? :V (I think I have a clue on what you're saying...)
Spoiler
There's so many of those stores nationwide that it'd take a miracle to figure out which one I worked at... But I'll go ahead and change my location on my profile on here to be safe.

mightyno67277p

@TheRaven

If you dare: NSFW
Spoiler
Also, I have pm'd you how everyone knows where you live, regardless of your profile here, lol.

EDIT:

OH LOL. It was cached in who.is. Oh well, that's good.

MechaGS

Quote from: "TheRaven"Oh my god I can get an employee discount on that too. :D Thank you for sharing this with us Mecha, and I just got paid today. (I'd have to wait to get it though... Still got bills to pay. :P)

I'm importing it (or at least trying to) from the States and since it's been on my mind, I thought I'd throw it in here. Happy to have helped! :D

Ryusei

Of the Digimon games, the one i remember fondly is the first Digimon World.

I really liked its sense of exploration and how your base slowly upgrades when you achieve new goals and find new areas that some time ago it would be like suicide to trip due that unlike other games even the most basic of enemies can kick your ass if you're not careful. But oh did i hate getting Numemon like for the 110th time...

The second DW was alright but required like too much grinding for my standards back then and it seemed too separated from the idea of the original shows. At least the first one was closer to the idea of being stranded in unknown land and having to push yourself and see what the hell is going.

TheRaven

I wasn't too much of a fan of the first Digimon World as the Second and Third games were more RPG like and the first one was more of an adventure game IMO. I never did get why that game got the Teen rating here when it was targeted towards kids... :V Digimon World 3 is one of my most favorite PS1 games, I just wish we got the extra content that the PAL and JAP versions got... I'm on the look out for DW2 and would love to own a copy of the game in real life someday.

MechaGS

My order for the seasons 1-4 collection has finally gone through and has been sent! :D

Thought they wouldn't send it out, it's getting increasingly hard getting large boxes from the States to the UK. Amazon won't do it any more for example and they had the set cheaper than anywhere else. :(

To anyone here that wanted them, Amazon has the best deal on them at the moment.

EDIT #1

I got my set from the States. :D

Spoiler