Main Menu

New emoticons.

Started by TheRaven, September 09, 2013, 12:26:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheRaven

Hello everyone we were wondering if anyone out there would love to make awesome emoticons for the forum, since our current ones look strange. We'd love to see some Beck emoticons, would anyone like to make some? Thank you in advance! :D

Mighty No. 9

I am a spriter, I can makes some for you, just let me know how big you need them.

MechaGS

Quote from: Mighty No. 9I am a spriter, I can makes some for you, just let me know how big you need them.

You my friend are a legend, I need you to know that! :D

Around 15x17 is the typical emotion size, you can of course make a few bigger, etc if you want to show more detail. You're a boss mate!

TheRaven

15x17 would be a great size for them, thank you for helping us with this! :) Edit: Ninja'd by Mecha. xD

MechaGS

*He creeps in through the darkness and steals posts*

A wild Mecha appears! I can't continue this joke lol

Mighty No. 9

heheh Alright, just let me know what you want, All Beck's different emotions or all Mighty Numbers, Beck & Call that represent different emotions? Number 1 angry, Number 2 Sad ect.. (this one will take time to complete the whole set as we obviously need all of them to be revealed)  :mrgreen:

MechaGS

You could start with Beck (with emotions) and a few Calls (with emotions). Bosses can come if you want to do them down the line. :)

I don't want to give you too much to do off the bat.

TheRaven

For now I think Beck and Call will work, maybe in the future once the designs for the rest of the characters are revealed we can add them. ;)

Mighty No. 9

Ok sounds good! Bosses can be extras later on.  8-)

MechaGS

I'll need to read up on how we add new emoticons. This'll be fun. :D

Mighty No. 9

Hmm..Question, how big do they allow you to make Smilies here? ^_^;;

TheRaven

The standard size for smilies is 15x17. :) That's the size of the current ones we have, you might be able to make them a bit bigger say like maybe 20x20 but even then I'm not sure if it would break anything. :V

MechaGS

I think we can have them as any size, they're just images so all we need to do is set them properly. :)

Although, staying within usual sizing rules would probably be best.

Jay C

I know that the old (?) forum that The Amazing Brando used had mostly custom emoticons ranging from pixel/sprite icons to MGS screen shots of codec Otacon from MGS1. Even though I typically don't use smilies, it's still always a pleasant addition. I can't wait to see what you guys can cook up!

Mighty No. 9