Main Menu

Mega Man Legends 3 to Kickstarter?

Started by MechaGS, September 09, 2013, 04:06:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D-structman

I would back the hell out of this game.  Anyone know if there is any way to petition for Keiji Inafune to get the rights to the franchise.  I know he probably wants to move on creatively, but he did really want MML3 to happen.

MechaGS

Quote from: "D-structman"I would back the hell out of this game.  Anyone know if there is any way to petition for Keiji Inafune to get the rights to the franchise.  I know he probably wants to move on creatively, but he did really want MML3 to happen.

We might get lucky and he'll make a spiritual successor with Beck and the crew taking up the helm. I'd prefer that over MML3 at this point just because I don't trust Capcom to do a Mega Man game justice at the moment.

D-structman

Quote from: "MechaGS"We might get lucky and he'll make a spiritual successor with Beck and the crew taking up the helm. I'd prefer that over MML3 at this point just because I don't trust Capcom to do a Mega Man game justice at the moment.

I don't even want it for gameplay, I just want closure to the story.

MechaGS

Quote from: "D-structman"I don't even want it for gameplay, I just want closure to the story.

Ahh I see, then we really do need Capcom to wake up and see that the fans want that game. :)

Jay C

But the real question is this: Who is responsible for the closure?

Personally I don't want to see Crapcom make Legends 3. Keiji Inafune, the man behind the series, left when they canned the project.

And before anyone argues that it was a game almost 10 years old that met with mediocre success, just remember that they rebooted Bionic Commando out of the blue and that failed MISERABLY. Crapcom had the Keiji Inafune pushing so hard for that game that it barely got the green light. He had plenty of support as well with all of the diehard fans giving a lot of feedback over on the community forum. I think Keiji knew what he was doing back then and is doing it now with M#9.

It pains me to say this but I wouldn't buy Legends 3. Not any more. Not after all this time. Not from that company.

Weejus

Quote from: "Jay C"Personally I don't want to see Crapcom make Legends 3. Keiji Inafune, the man behind the series, left when they canned the project.

Inafune actually left Capcom before Legends 3 was cancelled. In retrospect, since the man had big ties to both that and MM Universe then Capcom was in a bit of a bind when Inafune left.

Jay C

Ah. I thought I had the order mixed up or something. Either way, Capcom really lost out.

Weejus

I'm not gonna lie, I actually forgave Capcom quite a bit (though not completely) when they announced Gyakuten Saiban (Ace Attorney) 5, and later when Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright was confirmed to get an international release.

GUnitCOlima

The disastrous part of that plan would be the people actually backing the darn thing!