Main Menu

The blazing Mighty No. 1

Started by Mighty No. 9, September 09, 2013, 05:29:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mighty No. 9

Well here he is, the big red number 1! Very interesting the thought process on this guy, if you haven't read about it head over to the Kickstarter's updates page now!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mig ... no-9/posts

Talk about your thoughts on No.1 here!

TheRaven

xD We just posted about this guy in the updates thread. But he looks awesome, and I can tell he is going to be a difficult boss to defeat. He must also have a pretty cool background, being Mighty no. 1 and all. He's my favorite besides Beck so far. :)

MechaGS

He reminds me of a character from somewhere else, but I can't place it yet. Maybe it'll come to me later.

But yeah, I'm with Raven... this guy looks awesome and he's going to be a complete beast to beat!

Mighty No. 9

Quote from: TheRavenxD We just posted about this guy in the updates thread. But he looks awesome, and I can tell he is going to be a difficult boss to defeat. He must also have a pretty cool background, being Mighty no. 1 and all. He's my favorite besides Beck so far. :)

You did? aww you can close this topic if you like of leave it exclusively for Number 1 discussion as I have a lot I'd like talk about but will later because I gotta log out soon. ^^;;;

MechaGS

We'll keep it mate, I think it'll do fine as a place to talk about the boss. :D

TheRaven

We'll definitely keep it, it's okay. :) We'll talk about him in this topic and leave the other one for updates only. ;)

Mighty No. 9

So apparently No 1. was gonna be a boxer then a sun, then a Wrestler type...Then... Inafune happened XD.

Hmm...This Coliseum thing they keep mentioning, It seems who ever the bad guy is...he is a show off? or does he have his own enclosed arenas? is there a robot vs robot sport on this world? so many questions heheh.

MechaGS

Quote from: Mighty No. 9It seems who ever the bad guy is...he is a show off?

I'd love a cocky enemy, just because that's a rarity in games. Sure he have "big enemies" but a proper cocky and suave enemy doesn't really exist. :P

Jay C

IIRC, Beck is supposed to fight all of the Mighty Numbers in the Robo Colosseum, or something to that effect.

I liked reading about the evolution of M#1. It was kind of funny but also gave some insight into how certain concepts develop.

Mighty No. 9

Its all about the gameplay! almost all famous characters looks were made because of gameplay not fashion.

Nubobot42

I cannot avoid comparing with Megaman things, I hope it's okay... but it really reminds me of Heatman.EXE from the Battle Network series, probably because of the "inside-the-fire" parts.

Mighty No. 9

Yes they did mention his body is very zippo-like, if you put the two bodies the original wrestler body and the new body, it looks like its skeleton beneath that unleashes when you destroy the wrestle body, maybe would've been cool for a last boss tho not a normal boss heheh.

NinjablazerZero

I really like his design. He has a body of fire, and once that's gone, turns out he's just weak and flabby behind those big flames.

Should be entertaining to see how his AI behaves and how his attitude changes when the flames are out. I hope it's in the classic "Oh noes, I'm nekkid!" style, frantically running around and trying to hide cause he's now vulnerable. Then when his flames are back on, he puts on a tough guy routine.

TheRaven

xD Now that would be a hilarious site to see for sure! He probably is pretty weak when his flames go out and for him to freak out would be awesome. I can't get that image out of my head now. xD If I was an artist, I'd draw him running around like crazy with Beck just having this confused look on his face.

Mighty No. 9

I loved that about Megaman 8, the boss personalities could be seen and heard perfectly, wonder if it will have voice acting.