Main Menu

Top 5!

Started by D-structman, September 11, 2013, 02:55:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

D-structman

What are the 5 Anime that you would say are your favorite, or that you would recommend to someone else?

I'll start:

1) Fullmetal Alchemist - Easily my most favorite show of all time.  It's moving, it's funny, and has a wonderful story arc.  While I'd have to say the better series is Brotherhood, the 2003 anime is still pretty good.

2) Gurren Lagann - FIGHTING SPIRIT!  DRAMATIC POINTING!  YOURS IS A DRILL THAT WILL PIERCE THROUGH THE VAULT OF HEAVEN!  Probably the most quotable anime of all time, and despite it's over the top humor, it's really inspirational.  It'll make you laugh, it'll make you cry, it'll make you laugh until you cry.  Watch it.

3) Outlaw Star - Space ships and hot chicks.  Nuff said.

4) Ruroni Kenshin - Samurais, blades, and honor (honor and a penis). Swimming back and forth on a sliding scale of light-hearted fun to dramatic blood spilling action, this one has always held a special place in my heart just for how lovable Kenshin is :D

5) FLCL - FOOLY COOLY FOOLY COOLY FOOLY COOL!  WHAT IS FOOLY COOLY!?  It's been years and I don't even know. . .

Duck

Fooly Cooly, gotta love it =P

My top 5 in any order is:

Gurren Lagann

One piece

FLCL

Bakemonogatari

Dead Leaves

I have way more anime that I love and the top 5 seems to change whenever I decide to scratch my arse but hey this is the current top5 =P

I love anime that have a certain charm to them be it over the top crazy, or really cute/funny, or a character I can relate to.

MechaGS

Here's my top 5 anime:

1. Yakitate Japan

2. Dragon Ball (could essentially encompass Z as well)

3. Gurren Lagann

4. Black Lagoon

5. Eden of the East

I'm much like Duck in that I often change my mind about the last few as I come across a lot of anime and watch a lot of anime.

If anyone is interested in my full anime listing, they can look here.

Weejus

1: Fullmetal Alchemist/Brotherhood

2: One Piece

3: Dragon Ball Z (the DB sets aren't out in the UK yet)

4: Cowboy Bebop

5: Eureka Seven

Anon

1: Blood Lad

2: Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan)

3: Durarara

4: Blue Exorcist (Ao no Exorcist)

5: Date A Live

Wildspark

1) Baka and Test

2) Kenichi the mightiest disciple

3) Code Geass

4) full metal alchemist: brotherhood

5) Air Gear

NinjablazerZero

I have quite a bit of favorites. But I'm the type of guy that can't easily rank things, so all these favs are in random order, and not particularly in order of most fav to least.

Darker than Black

Cowboy Beebop

Samurai Champloo

Trigun

FLCL

But like I said, I have a lot of favorites, and I can't really rank them easily. These are just the first 5 that popped into my head fastest, and their order is just the order I thought of them in. Most all anime I like have their own charm and quirks that really make them stand out to me, and to rank them would be comparing apples to oranges, and I really can't do that.

MechaGS

Quote from: "Wildspark"1) Baka and Test

That's an amazing choice Wildspark! :D

I'm still hoping for a season 3!

Wildspark

Quote from: "MechaGS"
Quote from: "Wildspark"1) Baka and Test

That's an amazing choice Wildspark! :D

I'm still hoping for a season 3!

Me too, that show was hilarious  :becklaughing

Sephirothansylar

This will be a weird list and not necessarily my actual top 5 but I don't want to include bleach or any other super popular show and it is so hard to decide.

5. Angel Beats(Have to include this masterpiece)

4. Gantz

3. Blassreiter

2. Attack on Titan(Also have to include this)

1. Legend of the Legendary Heroes