Main Menu

MN9 Banned Members Camp

Started by mightyno67277p, December 27, 2013, 06:55:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NotSpiderBread

I'm just gonna autograph my Box and Manual when I get it and put that sucker on Ebay.

The Autograph will probably make it drop in value but I'm a egotistical sumbitch sometimes.

Quattro Bajeena

Quote from: NotSpiderBreadI'm just gonna autograph my Box and Manual when I get it and put that sucker on Ebay.

The Autograph will probably make it drop in value but I'm a egotistical sumbitch sometimes.

not a bad idea, if we can't get our money back we can autograph our shit market it as the "dina dissenters edition"

NotSpiderBread

Quote from: Quattro Bajeena
Quote from: NotSpiderBreadI'm just gonna autograph my Box and Manual when I get it and put that sucker on Ebay.

not a bad idea, if we can't get our money back we can autograph our shit market it as the "dina dissenters edition"

WOW L@@K! LIMITED QUANTITY! RARE! 1 OF ONLY 9! COA INCLUDED. CIB MINT!

$999.99 Buy It Now.

Ribs

Hello everyone.

I'm not a backer, but I've been following this situation intently and have been doing a lot of reading and learning and thinking about this whole thing, and I'm absolutely shocked at how horrible things have gotten.

I'm saddened by how many people are misinformed, or refuse to be informed and simply take the word of sensationalist "news" like ScrewAttack, use opportunistic mockery made by Slowbeef, Eyeball and Seashells as the basis for their viewpoints, or see that awful, outdated InternetAristocrat video and proceed to disregard anyone who dislikes Dina. (While IA makes a few good points, the effectiveness of his video is drowned out by the blatant character assassination and passive-aggressive tone he has, and it doesn't accept the fact that the people that went hunting for a reason to hate her were wrong for doing so.)

So, I've decided that I wanted to do something- namely make a video that properly sums up the issues at hand without character-assassinating or whining or using harsh words(because more people will listen if we don't)- in order to make the best video I can that will succeed in getting information out to people and hopefully get the point across to everyone that we aren't bad people for disliking Dina- we just want a healthy community again.

If you wish to, I very much want whatever you can give to make this video the best thing it can be. I am not very skilled with video editing- my main goal will be to write a good script that another can work with. All of you that have been banned for awful reasons, all of you that haven't yet been banned, but still see the problem going on here, I want your help to show everyone the truth about Mighty No. 9's community.

Quattro Bajeena

Quote from: RibsHello everyone.

I'm not a backer, but I've been following this situation intently and have been doing a lot of reading and learning and thinking about this whole thing, and I'm absolutely shocked at how horrible things have gotten.

I'm saddened by how many people are misinformed, or refuse to be informed and simply take the word of sensationalist "news" like ScrewAttack, use opportunistic mockery made by Slowbeef, Eyeball and Seashells as the basis for their viewpoints, or see that awful, outdated InternetAristocrat video and proceed to disregard anyone who dislikes Dina. (While IA makes a few good points, the effectiveness of his video is drowned out by the blatant character assassination and passive-aggressive tone he has, and it doesn't accept the fact that the people that went hunting for a reason to hate her were wrong for doing so.)

So, I've decided that I wanted to do something- namely make a video that properly sums up the issues at hand without character-assassinating or whining or using harsh words(because more people will listen if we don't)- in order to make the best video I can that will succeed in getting information out to people and hopefully get the point across to everyone that we aren't bad people for disliking Dina- we just want a healthy community again.

If you wish to, I very much want whatever you can give to make this video the best thing it can be. I am not very skilled with video editing- my main goal will be to write a good script that another can work with. All of you that have been banned for awful reasons, all of you that haven't yet been banned, but still see the problem going on here, I want your help to show everyone the truth about Mighty No. 9's community.
well we have what has been referred to as my personal circle jerk steam group, as for gathering info if you've been following and digging through archives you sohuld have enough to make a SERIES of videos on all this

mightyno67277p

Quote from: RibsI'm not a backer, but I've been following this situation intently and have been doing a lot of reading and learning and thinking about this whole thing, and I'm absolutely shocked at how horrible things have gotten.
Thank you. That actually calms my heart. When people actually do their research, and post with knowledge.

Quote from: RibsSo, I've decided that I wanted to do something- namely make a video that properly sums up the issues at hand without character-assassinating or whining or using harsh words(because more people will listen if we don't)- in order to make the best video I can that will succeed in getting information out to people and hopefully get the point across to everyone that we aren't bad people for disliking Dina- we just want a healthy community again.
In the background, not in this place, we have been working on that. I think my friend emailed you with one of our drafts. I just need my friend to get the last few pieces of evidence to make the article. If you are following that thread in that place, you know that all these things are a massive distraction to the compilation of grievances. PM if you need a refresher. We just do not want to place the actual evidence here, for security reasons.

Ribs

Quote from: Quattro Bajeenawell we have what has been referred to as my personal circle jerk steam group, as for gathering info if you've been following and digging through archives you sohuld have enough to make a SERIES of videos on all this

I think making a series is both beyond my capacity and my intent.

I just wanna make the video that needs to be made.

Nothing more, nothing less.

I'll be working on the script whenever I have time- if any of you wish to give feedback or directly help with the video or ask questions, PM me.

DunnoBro

I agree that the videos covering this situation are far too radical, in that generally the Dina side creates strawmen to attack, or overall try to portray the event as a non-issue, and shame those who don't agree. And on the opposite side (mostly IA, there are other anti-Dina videos but they're usually for specific situations, like Kuroi's video) you have an inability to remain objective and to the point, IA is definitely leaps and bounds above the likes of Slowbeef, and E&S, simply because he actually addresses the issue and provides sources, and evidence to back them up. But it still isn't quite ideal when he launches off insults. Though I don't see a problem with his passive-aggression, as that's just his way to convey the information and not associate with others.

Personally I feel that she is actually qualified enough for the job, or at least was. The issue i have is that, instead of addressing people's concerns early on and nipping them in the bud, she let them brood and stew, theorize, and only after the entire community demanded it of her did she give any kind of decent address to these concerns, of which she avoided many. While I don't 100% agree with the concerns people had at first, that's all they were. Concerns, and she dealt with those concerns in the worst way possible.

And don't even get me started on her idea of moderation, the absolute hugbox and refusal to accept dissenting or disagreeable posts, and the underhanded method of dealing with her detractors by insisting crap like "ginger" and "we china now" are racist terms, is only justifying those concerns people had early on.

Quattro Bajeena

Quote from: Ribs
Quote from: Quattro Bajeenawell we have what has been referred to as my personal circle jerk steam group, as for gathering info if you've been following and digging through archives you sohuld have enough to make a SERIES of videos on all this

I think making a series is both beyond my capacity and my intent.

I just wanna make the video that needs to be made.

Nothing more, nothing less.

I'll be working on the script whenever I have time- if any of you wish to give feedback or directly help with the video or ask questions, PM me.

nah I have faith in you for what little my word is worth (read: jack shit).

I'm just saying you could stretch all the content into a series of videos, this way you can tackle each problem one at a time versus skimming over things in an attempt to cram as much as possible into ONE video

undamned

Someone definitely needs to make a "Downfall" video where Hitler is notified he's been banned from the Mighty No.9 forum.  He rants for quite a while, so you could include a laundry list of issues that have gone down.

-ud

ThePrinceOfMoose

Quote from: undamnedSomeone definitely needs to make a "Downfall" video where Hitler is notified he's been banned from the Mighty No.9 forum.  He rants for quite a while, so you could include a laundry list of issues that have gone down.

-ud

Even though the Downfall parody videos are rather unheard of anymore, I would find that kind of funny actually.

Quattro Bajeena

Quote from: ThePrinceOfMoose
Quote from: undamnedSomeone definitely needs to make a "Downfall" video where Hitler is notified he's been banned from the Mighty No.9 forum.  He rants for quite a while, so you could include a laundry list of issues that have gone down.

-ud

Even though the Downfall parody videos are rather unheard of anymore, I would find that kind of funny actually.

I was surprised as you that people still remember it

my first one was "hitler finds out his car was stolen"

DunnoBro

It'd be pretty funny if Hitler was complaining about being banned for racism while, for once, not actually being racist.

Quattro Bajeena

tried informing those unaware of the situation,

I don't think anyone is going to listen to our story

ThePrinceOfMoose

Quote from: Quattro Bajeenatried informing those unaware of the situation,

I don't think anyone is going to listen to our story

Hey man, if I was willing to listen to both sides of the argument and still see that the ones who are banned didn't deserve that they were I am sure there are others who will be sympathetic as well.  I know it looks bleak because of the circumstances but keeping an opening mind about the situation is the best thing we can do here.  If the people who you talked to are not willing to listen to your side and have a closed mind, then it's their loss honestly.  Some people like it simplistic.  Why think when people can follow blindly right? 

The official forums have been incredibly boring since you guys have been nuke banned and it is probably going to remain that way until everyone's 30 days are up.