Main Menu

MN9 Banned Members Camp

Started by mightyno67277p, December 27, 2013, 06:55:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tailszero

Well, I now have a reason to be back on here.

MechaGS

Quote from: tailszeroWell, I know have a reason to be back on here.

Welcome back Tails, always a pleasure to see you mate.

tailszero

Quote from: MechaGSWelcome back Tails, always a pleasure to see you mate.

Thanks. Its nice to be in a community where I am not afraid to post.  :beckveryhappy

Anon-e-Moose

What are you guys going to do when this gets more momentum than the official forums themselves? Also I've heard that backers are getting special subforums will we nonbackers be able to see it or are we just going to pretend those don't exist?

Kuroi

Quote from: Anon-e-MooseWhat are you guys going to do when this gets more momentum than the official forums themselves?

Ball's in their court at that point.

mightyno67277p

Quote from: MechaGSI've mainly been handling the twitter campaign
Wait, MN9U has an official twitter?
Quote from: MechaGSIt's hard to get people motivated on Twitter though which is annoying to say the least.
Insecure and confusing. USENET still works, and I don't get why people love trading bling for security.
Quote from: MechaGSAny help would be greatly appreciated.
Well, I am here when available. Be sure to look for TheRaven's forward about the MN9 users. Screenshots are NOT secure. PKI is.
Spoiler
Even if it is hand made

Quote from: Anon-e-MooseWhat are you guys going to do when this gets more momentum than the official forums themselves?
Have fun? If you mean server load, we should go with a CDN, even if it means cloudflare. My fun is with VPS/Dedicated servers, I can do what I want, and time what I like. MechaGS knows exactly what I mean.

Maybe we should start opening a Donate button or flattr account for "Bandwidth fees". If MechaGS has been in the business as long as I, he knows exactly how to word the "Membership fee" on a legal document.
Spoiler
Get a laywer to word it properly on this Utah or Texas server. TheRaven is the best friendly to contact.
Quote from: Anon-e-MooseAlso I've heard that backers are getting special subforums will we nonbackers be able to see it or are we just going to pretend those don't exist?
I am waiting on the official word. I already PM'd the proper COA for this. We will say the subforum exists, so that comcept can see it works. To have a backer gain access, we will provide a method to verify with an ephemeral sign up page. The details are still in the works.

Quote from: KuroiBall's in their court at that point.
Yeah... You know who (Dina's p1mp, and 8-4's), will still laugh at the Megas (millions) he got.  :?

ThePrinceOfMoose

Quote from: Anon-e-MooseWhat are you guys going to do when this gets more momentum than the official forums themselves? Also I've heard that backers are getting special subforums will we nonbackers be able to see it or are we just going to pretend those don't exist?

I think it already has.  Not many people are posting on the official forums these days and yesterday I would dare say here was more active than the official forums.

TheCloudyEye

Quote from: ThePrinceOfMooseI think it already has. Not many people are posting on the official forums these days and yesterday I would dare say here was more active than the official forums.

Even gameplay discussion and fan art are going slow. The only thing active now on the official forum are those silly forum games.

Kuroi

Quote from: TheCloudyEye
Quote from: ThePrinceOfMooseI think it already has. Not many people are posting on the official forums these days and yesterday I would dare say here was more active than the official forums.

Even gameplay discussion and fan art are going slow. The only thing active now on the official forum are those silly forum games.

There's nothing important about the game to talk about.  We don't know anything new or significant, and speculation is pointless.

MechaGS

Quote from: mightyno67277p
Quote from: MechaGSI've mainly been handling the twitter campaign
Wait, MN9U has an official twitter?

Not quite. I've been using my personal twitter as the campaign handling area since the site opened.

Quote from: mightyno67277pMaybe we should start opening a Donate button or flattr account for "Bandwidth fees". If MechaGS has been in the business as long as I, he knows exactly how to word the "Membership fee" on a legal document.
Spoiler
Get a laywer to word it properly on this Utah or Texas server. TheRaven is the best friendly to contact.
This is something we're not ready to do yet. I'm watching the stability of the site and so far we're fine. There are plans to switch host should our current one continue to have strange outages though.

We've opted for taking the "wait and see" approach. At this point, it's better to act upon the numbers than focusing on something that may not happen. The user count will dictate how far we have to go and if donations and/or a better server are needed.

If we do end up taking over as the main forum for MN9 backers, then we'll be all over getting ourselves set up to handle such a scenario. Much like I wrote above, we're taking the "wait and see" approach for now.

Quote from: Anon-e-MooseAlso I've heard that backers are getting special subforums will we nonbackers be able to see it or are we just going to pretend those don't exist?

We've decided to show them to backers only at this point. Especially since copying content from the official forum states that we can't show any of it to non-backers. For anything that doesn't need to be locked away, it can be copied or moved to the "General Mighty no. 9 Discussions" area.

Quote from: Kuroi
Quote from: TheCloudyEye

There's nothing important about the game to talk about.  We don't know anything new or significant, and speculation is pointless.

This is something I've noticed and it's not only an issue for them but an issue to this place as well. While we get snippets every so often, I'm not expecting them to break out and give us tons of game information for a long time.

If 8-4 is handling this like the usual PR nightmare companies, we probably won't be given much to go on until near the beta begins and even then they could go the non-disclosure route. Not saying they will pull out an NDA but I've seen stranger things happen so far in terms of how "locked down" this games fundamentals are right now.

I mean, they could have thrown up a decent screenshot or video of the game running at http://www.mightyno9.com/en/node/1466 new year but instead we were viewing over Inafune-san's head. I honestly think it's just the typical Japanese development style with a forum tacked on in-between at the moment.

TheCloudyEye

BetaMan is back on the official forum: http://www.mightyno9.com/en/node/1836

On a related note, Dina's AMA is now down to 329 from the original 1500+

undamned

Quote from: TheCloudyEyeOn a related note, Dina's AMA is now down to 329 from the original 1500+

Most people probably missed it, but last night Dina lost her cool in the AMA thread.  Hopefully someone screen capped it.  Guy w/ the animaniacs av asked her why she deleted some guy's question and she got all flustered about people questioning mod edits and deletions.  Then they got talking about what was "fair" regarding warnings and strikes (which I am still unclear on) and she said something like, "ok, from now on, if a post is deleted for violating a forum rule, you can consider that a strike. How's that for fair?"  Then she promptly deleted the entire conversation.  Classy.

-ud

Quattro Bajeena

Quote from: undamned
Quote from: TheCloudyEyeOn a related note, Dina's AMA is now down to 329 from the original 1500+

Most people probably missed it, but last night Dina lost her cool in the AMA thread.  Hopefully someone screen capped it.  Guy w/ the animaniacs av asked her why she deleted some guy's question and she got all flustered about people questioning mod edits and deletions.  Then they got talking about what was "fair" regarding warnings and strikes (which I am still unclear on) and she said something like, "ok, from now on, if a post is deleted for violating a forum rule, you can consider that a strike. How's that for fair?"  Then she promptly deleted the entire conversation.  Classy.

-ud

should have pushed a bit more, she looked like she was ready to snap

anyways ud go ask mechaGS, since you are a backer you need to let him know, we're gonna try to foster a healthy community here, the official forums are too toxic an environment

TheRaven

Go ahead and send me or Mecha a PM ud with a screenshot of your Mighty No. and we'll gladly promote you. :) (It's not that we don't trust you but it is a rule...) I read the whole topic and she did come off as being annoyed at one point, but unfortunately I didn't see her freak out like you said she did ud. I'm hoping someone here screecap that moment though...

MechaGS

I honestly feel like we're being deterred from visiting the official forums. It's just not a nice place to be and is still lacking even the most basic functionalities that a forum needs to grow and be successful.

Don't know who their website manager is but they are being paid for doing diddly squat as far as I can see.