Main Menu

January 10th update: Mighty No.4, Fanart section and new mod

Started by TheCloudyEye, January 10, 2014, 08:52:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheCloudyEye

The update today introduce some new addition to the Mighty No.9 official forum. Aside from the official update about Mighty No.4, a new section called the "Mighty Showcase" (http://www.mightyno9.com/topics/88) has been added to the forum for the purpose of showcasing fanart.

Also, two new moderators have been introduced: Mighty No.3150 aka BSO and Mighty No.18951 aka Damo (http://www.mightyno9.com/en/node/1759).

At the moment, BSO is doing an AMA on the Mighty No.9 official forum (http://www.mightyno9.com/en/node/1760). If you are a backer, you can drop by and ask him any question you want.

M#39719 Vince

Hm, I think this is a nice informative thread of what's new in the official forums. Especially keeping our own community here updated of what's the latest over there.

TheCloudyEye

Thanks, Vince. You should invite artists from the offcial forum to post their artwork over here so non-backer can also see them.

MechaGS

Quote from: TheCloudyEyeThanks, Vince. You should invite artists from the offcial forum to post their artwork over here so non-backer can also see them.

We've been inviting people here for a while but it hasn't really stuck. We need to be careful about advertising over there because we don't want to be hit with any bans in doing so.

Still, we love the artworks and would love to see the talented people over here giving their thoughts, opinions and sketches.

TheCloudyEye

Quote from: MechaGSWe've been inviting people here for a while but it hasn't really stuck. We need to be careful about advertising over there because we don't want to be hit with any bans in doing so.

I agree that we need to be careful. However I know that Vince and some other people do communicate with each other outside of the official forum, so if we don't use that we should be ok. And frankly, I think our forum looks a lot like a mighty wasteland lately. The only activities that I saw around here are in the D-pository and the banned camp. I hope we can at least get the Echo campaign over here.

MechaGS

Quote from: TheCloudyEyeAnd frankly, I think our forum looks a lot like a mighty wasteland lately. The only activities that I saw around here are in the D-pository and the banned camp. I hope we can at least get the Echo campaign over here.

Yeah, unfortunately this place died out when the official forums went live. Up until that point, we had many posters and tons of topics on the go. We've tried reviving the place by enticing people back (via the beckers chatroom, etc) but that hasn't really worked out.

We're still working on it, that much I can assure you.

TheCloudyEye

I think it's best if we focus on invite more non-backers here. It's much safer that way. I'm sure there are lots of people out there really hyped about the game but couldn't back it. Though the hype seems to have died down a lot since the the end of the KS campaign.

ThePrinceOfMoose

Quote from: TheCloudyEyeI think it's best if we focus on invite more non-backers here. It's much safer that way. I'm sure there are lots of people out there really hyped about the game but couldn't back it. Though the hype seems to have died down a lot since the the end of the KS campaign.

I agree, there are a lot of people excited for the game that could not back it.  It's nice a place like this exists.  It would be nice if some of the positive stuff from the other forum like the Echo Chamber came over here as well.  I think one of the reasons the hype has died down is because no much has really been said about it and the dev team has been working on it.  Only the ones on the official forums really know anything that is going on and that's not saying a whole lot because even we are left in the dark a lot of the times since since you and I are on the official forums.

TheCloudyEye

Earlier I asked Lienn to create a branch for the Echo Chamber here. I think we will see something tomorrow.

(It's already 2am here. I think I need a nap. Didn't think I would stay up this late)

M#39719 Vince

I also have announced this forums in DA, as I also have a DA account and got 100K plus followers watching me. Hopefully perhaps that could help attract new members and non-pledgers.

MechaGS

Quote from: M#39719 VinceI also have announced this forums in DA, as I also have a DA account and got 100K plus followers watching me. Hopefully perhaps that could help attract new members and non-pledgers.

Awesome man, any little helps. :D

TheRaven

I think we should make a video advertising on YouTube but my video editing skills suck. :( I'm also promoting the site on my dA account and various forums I visit. But thank you for promoting the site Vince. ^_^

Swan Dive

Quote from: TheRavenI think we should make a video advertising on YouTube

I'm curious, what did you have in mind for the advertisement?

TheRaven

Just a small description of the site would be fine with possibly images of the board and the site banner. :)