Main Menu

Official Update Thread

Started by Weejus, February 22, 2014, 04:06:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

[quote author="MechaGS" data-cid="11403" data-time="1404697934">

They'd have done it regardless of what people thought. I seen this coming from the first week when people kept asking for the funds to be continued so I don't think any sort of messaging would have made much of a difference.

Hell, other factors from the past never got sorted -- and that was a vocal group. I don't think kicking up a fuss will cause anything but smoke.

Seeing how some people actually love the option for English voice acting and actually liked what they saw in the trailer (amazing graphics, really?!), I sadly agree with this.  There are too many people out there with the nostalgia glasses tightly stuck onto their faces, are delusional and think that comcept can't do no wrong, or simply have bad taste.

Quattro Bajeena

[quote author="56008" data-cid="11417" data-time="1404703359">

Seeing how some people actually love the option for English voice acting and actually liked what they saw in the trailer (amazing graphics, really?!), I sadly agree with this.  There are too many people out there with the nostalgia glasses tightly stuck onto their faces, are delusional and think that comcept can't do no wrong, or simply have bad taste.

Yeah a sad truth, still some games are still amazing to this day, like the original mario party with friends

Did we truly need voice acting though? it didn't become much of a thing till the PS1/N64 era

icannotdomyjob

Well, the Japanese audience loves it:

https://www.makuake.com/project/mightyno9/communication/

They seem to like us for making sure the games come out.

TheCloudyEye

How long has that other campaign been up there?

icannotdomyjob

@TheCloudyEye

For at the least 24 hours since I posted this, if they are given 115 days exactly for the campaign.

The date/time from the responces on the comment section proves it.

TheCloudyEye

Confirmed on the main page that it started yesterday.

Wait, I just noticed something.

If you check the MN9 Official Site, they changed the stretch goal to $200,000 to combine both the Japanese and English voice acting into a single goal.  So I certainly hope that the funds collected on the Japanese site is included into the total found on the Official Site, or that's a clear scam to collect another $100,000...

TheCloudyEye

[quote author="56008" data-cid="11469" data-time="1404829113">

So I certainly hope that the funds collected on the Japanese site is included into the total found on the Official Site, or that's a clear scam to collect another $100,000...

It should be. We'll see if it will be.

icannotdomyjob

They are saying the total 200k will be used for both voice acts. But the Makuake campaign, if it succeeds, it will go to the Japanese voice acting. If it fails, they will see what they will do with what they have.

This only makes it hard for those that want English voice acting, since Japanese voice acting will come either way if the campaign fails or not.

But the producer is trying not to be clear about it.

Jagos

I'm going to make a prediction that either

1) There's going to be some serious backing to save Inafune

2) This thing ends very horribly.

This just doesn't seem to have the support it needs and I'm calling Inafune a fool for doing this at such an inopportune moment.  This has been his downfall in not assessing the situation and not understanding why he's failed.  He keeps blaming others for his mistakes, ignoring his own actions that fatigued Mega Man or exhaust his best franchises right out from under him.

icannotdomyjob

@Jagos

Agreed, since we are not even at Beta to confirm if voice acting is warranted.

But the issue is more than not assessing the situations, it's plainly ignoring them, since he knows what's up. He just does not want to deal with them.

I am not so sure if keeping with old practices will help here. So far for me, it's a cloud of lies that I see in front of me.

However, can you show me some proof of him blaming others for his mistakes?

Also, did you see the recording of the convention? If not, here is one:

Spoiler

Jagos

[quote author="pewpew" data-cid="11478" data-time="1404875321">

@Jagos

However, can you show me some proof of him blaming others for his mistakes?

[/quote]

Lost Planet comes to mind.  His bosses didn't want him to continue making the project and he kept doing it.  It's also one of the main reasons that he was constantly pushing for Mega Man and exhausting it under Capcom.

The cancellation of the 3 games I have to wonder about...   But then there's also the SFxT version of "Mega Man" which did NOT go over well with the fans of the game.

All the time, he was blaming Capcom but I always believe there's two sides to a story.  It's a pattern with him to continuously make these grandiose game plans that just aren't financially solvent which hurt the company.

Now those chickens come home to roost.

[quote author="pewpew" data-cid="11478" data-time="1404875321">

@Jagos

Agreed, since we are not even at Beta to confirm if voice acting in warranted.

Actually that's a good point, and for some reason the thought never came to me.

I have absolutely no idea the costs behind getting voice acting for a game, but $100,000 sounds like a lot of dialogue will be involved.  It makes me worry a bit that we'll now have cutscenes that are unnecessarily lengthy and numerous that ruins the pacing of the game.

icannotdomyjob

[quote author="56008" data-cid="11483" data-time="1404883862">

that we'll now have cutscenes that are unnecessarily lengthy and numerous that ruins the pacing of the game.

It would displease me greatly if that came to pass.

I was mostly gravitating about the fact that voice acting comes nearing games' completion, including all audio that needs composition. The best way to gauge if voice acting is warranted by backers is to provide a playable demo of the game, with and without voice over trials. Since Comcept is only offering Beta access, I assumed that would be around the time they should be asking this question.

@Jagos

Thanks, with what you gave me, I was able to search some juicy stuff. PM me if interested. Anyone else is welcomed too.

Jagos

Here's the thing... It's a platforming game at its core.

The voice acting is hit or miss and not needed.  I'm pretty sure that they could just build on text and be fine.

The same argument is why EA's Dragon Age is going to be so expensive.  Yes, you can place a LOT of nuance in languages, but ultimately, I think people can do well with just written dialogue for most scenes with cutscenes being special.

Just think about this for a second...  We know the premise is to take down 8 other Mighties for X reason.  Why do we need them to talk about it and get into synchronization issues as well as begin on body motions?  After 10 regular Mega Mans, a few Mega Man X's, some Zeroes, and even a few Legends and Battle Networks, I don't think VA's are the main concern of the series.

And think about if they had this in Mega Man X2 when you had to save Zero...  You had to have written dialogue for all of these people and basically make a more expensive game that no one wants.

The $100K will seem like a waterfall when you put this into perspective...