Main Menu

Official Update Thread

Started by Weejus, February 22, 2014, 04:06:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

icannotdomyjob

@Jagos

Not the only one. Forums members noticed it too.

TheCloudyEye

Update 60: New interview with Manami Matsumae, plushie prototype, reward survey to come

- About Reward Survey: From the update:

[quote author="Comcept">

Yes, you read right! We are in the last finalizing phases of the much-anticipated Becker-reward surveys! We?ve been working tirelessly with Fangamer, Udon, Humble Bundle and many more to bring you the best rewards possible and will be ready to start asking you for your addresses, T-shirt sizes, box-art preferences and so on very soon! 
In preparation for that, though, we need all your emails to be in order, so if you need to update your email address and haven?t done so yet, email us at mightyno9@comcept.jp ASAP! Time is running out!

There was no mention of when the reward survey will be sent out, just a vague "very soon". I wonder if there will be any mess up with the email like with the contest survey.

- The interview with Manami Matsumae:

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hk--bSR0pzg[/media]

icannotdomyjob

I've been wondering, when is the next The Making of Documentary Part 1, coming up? On September?

Weejus

UPDATE 61: Mighty Mini-Update! Choose Your Platform! ~BACKER ONLY~

Basically announcing a survey (emailed to backers of $20 or more) asking which platform they would be likely to purchase Mighty No. 9 for. I would like to stress that this is not your final decision, Comcept are just gauging interest. This survey is optional. They have also said they are preparing the physical rewards survey for an update in the near future.

TheCloudyEye

Since update 61 is Backers' only, please don't post the detail where non-backers can see them, no matter how insignificant those details are.

Weejus

[quote author="The Maverick Eye" data-cid="11724" data-time="1407073859">

Since update 61 is Backers' only, please don't post the detail where non-backers can see them, no matter how insignificant those details are.

Fair point, but since this update doesn't really reveal anything, for now, there's no point in removing it. If enough people (or Comcept itself) request it be taken down, then I will.

icannotdomyjob

That, and the fact the title says it all, and those that know how to get around the KS cookie authentication, can see it.

TechnoWolf

In other news, Mighty N?6 can fly.

Marvel at my news quality.

icannotdomyjob

TechnoWolf

TheCloudyEye

Update 62: Mighty No. 6 stage revealed and first enemy design contest (details here: http://www.mightyno9.com/en/node/2980)

MechaGS

I'm liking the sound of that skyscraper level. Could be an awesomely crazy map with a camera that moves up, forcing the player to keep up or insta-die for example (like the old Mario games).

Decent update this month.

They should really stick with these type of updates.  And if that means less updates, then so be it.

However I'm still not liking the artistic design the game is going towards.  And looking at the KS comments section of the update, I'm not the only one.  Really wish they stuck with the cartoon/cell shaded look the we saw in the concept arts.  In fact, that's one of the major reasons I support the game to begin with.  I hope that the art book won't be filled with 3D art as well :-(

icannotdomyjob

Quote from: "56008" data-cid="11816" data-time="1407728389">

I hope that the art book won't be filled with 3D art as well :-(

Oh please no. Hideki Ishikawa, save us from that nightmare! Pretty please save us!

Jagos

[quote author="56008" data-cid="11816" data-time="1407728389">

They should really stick with these type of updates.  And if that means less updates, then so be it.

However I'm still not liking the artistic design the game is going towards.  And looking at the KS comments section of the update, I'm not the only one.  Really wish they stuck with the cartoon/cell shaded look the we saw in the concept arts.  In fact, that's one of the major reasons I support the game to begin with.  I hope that the art book won't be filled with 3D art as well :-(

Yeah, that just seems really lazy if that's what happens...