Main Menu

Pokemon vs Digimon

Started by alakazam, May 29, 2014, 01:55:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alakazam

I'm a Pokemon fan myself. For some reason I could never really get into Digimon. It just seemed more boring than Pokemon to me.

What about you? Which one do you prefer? :unsure:

TheCloudyEye

Though I stopped playing Pokemon ages ago, I would still pick Pokemon over Digimon. I never got into Digimon and I doubt I'll ever be.

TheRaven

I honestly like both, but when it comes to the video games I love the Digimon World series a tad bit more than the Pokemon games. I don't like the first Digimon World game, but DMW 3 is one of my favorite Playstation games of all time. The anime was awesome, and I always wanted the trading cards but never had a chance to get them. x_x So to answer the question... I think I honestly like Digimon just a tad bit more than Pokemon. :V Also I thought it was cool to see that the Digimon Anime wasn't based just around the same characters, but evolved and each season told the story of different tamers, but after Season four the anime sucked. Now for the Pokemon anime, meh it was great then it got stale after the voice actors were replaced and Ash didn't age nor did he even get better... I just can't get over Ash's new voice even though they changed it like 10 years ago or so. xD So I only like the video games with both franchises now and I still collect Pokemon cards here and there. :P

In terms of games, it would have to be Pokemon.  Sure the formula has pretty much stayed the same for the most part, but it's a pretty darn good formula.  Digimon just never seemed to make a game that even comes close to the same quality.

As for anime, I would have to say the earlier seasons of Digimon are far more superior than Pokemon.  As TheRaven said, things actually progressed and evolved with Digimon and having different Seasons/Series meant new characters and new storylines.  Unfortunately the later seasons aren't as good or memorable, and that's where the formulaic Pokemon series starts rank a little higher simply due to better production values.

Lienx

Same here, I loved Digimon the show, and didn't really care for pokemon the show, but I enjoyed the card game of pokemon over digimon. I just liked the different stories that Digimon offered.. it seemed more in depth rather than the same routine over and over again like with Pokemon.